The Haute Route organisers are thrilled to announce their charity of choice for 2014 is the Team Type 1 Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by former professional cyclist and global diabetes advocate, Phil Southerland.
Taking part in the charity program you'll raise money for Team Type 1’s mission which is to Fight For The Right To Live through a global mission of education, empowerment and equal access to medicine for everyone affected by diabetes.
Team Type 1 Foundation will refund your Haute Route registration fee once you reach your fundraising goal.
To get started you just need to,
1/ Sign up to the Haute Route event of your choice http://www.hauteroute.org
2/ Register on the Team Type 1 Haute Route website at http://ttyo.convio.net/site/PageServer
This is where you will customize your own website and send emails to your family, friends and associates, ask them to donate.
In 2014, the Haute Route will help further the Foundation and are asking all participants to support their mission to help achieve a €500,000 goal.
You can become a member of the « Team Type 1 Haute Route » in one of four ways:
1. Executive Member: Raise €10,000 and become an Executive Member of the Team Type 1 Haute Route, and receive the benefits below:
- Reimbursement of the Haute Route individual entry fee
- 1 Team Novo Nordisk Kit (jersey and bib shorts)
- 1 Team Type 1 Haute Route custom jersey by LeMarq
- 1 Team Novo Nordisk Helmet
- 1 Team Novo Nordisk Socks
- 1 Team Type 1 Technical T-shirt
- Ride with a Team Novo Nordisk Development rider during Haute Route
- Mechanical assistance and massages at the hotels
- Inspirational Team Dinner (before the event)
- On-line Coaching to develop your Haute Route training plan
- 3 Photographs of the rider on the course
- Reimbursement of the Haute Route 2 Stars Twin Accommodation Package
2. Individual Member: Riders will be given the opportunity to raise €2,000 for Team Type 1 Foundation. All Members will be reimbursed for the Haute Route entry fee (for a selected event) and will receive one Team Type 1 Haute Route custom jersey and one Team Novo Nordisk kit.
3. Iron Riders & Triple Crown Riders will compete in two or all three Haute Route events. Be an Iron Rider and raise €7,500; or achieve the Triple Crown and raise €10,000. Includes Haute Route entry fees if the designated fundraising goal is achieved and a Team Type 1 Haute Route custom jersey plus a Team Novo Nordisk kit.
4. Make a €100 donation to Team Type 1 Foundation and receive a Team Type 1 Foundation T-shirt.
We are currently recruiting riders at all four levels to become a member of the Team Type 1 Haute Route.
Join us in our support of the Team Type 1 mission and help change the lives of people around the world with diabetes.
Fundraising Terms & Conditions
1. Riders have to register in the Haute Route (includes payment of entry fees) to become a member of Team Type 1 Haute Route.
2. Since there is a significant amount of up-front cost for each rider and to insure Team Type 1 is using their funds effectively, team members need to achieve the following:
Executive Members must raise 50% of their €10,000 fundraising goal by June 30, 2014.
Individual Members should raise 50% of their €2,000 fundraising goal by June 30, 2014.
3. All Team Type 1 Haute Route riders have 30 days after their event to reach their fundraising goal. If a rider has achieved their fundraising goal at this time or before their Haute Route registration will be reimbursed.
4. Team Type 1 Haute Route riders will have their own web page that they can personalize and email business associates, friends and family to collect donations online. They will also be provided a guide to assist them with their fundraising effort.
5. All Team Type 1 Haute Route riders will receive all standard Haute Route benefits. Team Type 1 Haute Route custom jersey given away replaces the standard Haute Route jersey give away as part of your Haute Route entry.
6. If a rider achieves their fundraising goal by the deadline and cannot participate in the event because of injury they can transfer their registration to a Haute Route event in 2015.
7. If you have already paid your Haute Route entry fee and choose to become a Team Type 1 Haute Route rider your registration fee will be reimbursed once you have achieved your fundraising goal.
8. All Team Type 1 Haute riders are responsible for their own lodging and transportation to their event(s). For Executive Members 2 Stars Twin Accommodation Package is included as indicated in their benefits.
9. Any donations made to Team Type 1 cannot be refunded to the donor.
10. By registering as a Team Type 1 rider, each participant accepts and acknowledges that TT1 is a third-party charitable beneficiary of Haute Route, but does not own, operate, manage or otherwise control any Haute Route events or programs.
11. Registration as a Team Type 1 rider constitutes an express waiver and release of any and all claims of liability against Team Type 1 Foundation, its officers, directors, employees and agents, arising from or in connection with participation in a Haute Route event or program.